This auction was held October 11th, 2014. The late Peter Dircks was well known & respected throughout the area as a craftsman and a lover of primitive antiques. Peter traveled the world and collected primitives since he was eighteen years old. This was one of the largest primitive antique & tool auctions we’d ever conducted, he had the quality & the quantity. Buyers came from across the country to attend this historic auction at the old Hope Missouri General Store that Peter called home.
Highlights from the day include:
- Rare Wehmhoemer Drake, MO table, $2,700
- Early Standard Oil Red Crown wooden bucket box of off a horse drawn oil wagon, $2,500
- 12′ pine harvest table, $1,400
- 13-wardrobes including a beautiful early walnut for $2,000
- 30+ early George Reddin split oak seat ladder back chairs, sold high bidders choice for $240 each, and the high bidder took every one!
- 2000 Chevrolet 2500 Flatbed truck with 140,000 miles, $8,000
- Iron butcher shop hanger with decorative bull, $1,600
- Early cigar box fiddle, $600